News & Events
- StrikeForce CEO presented the Q1 2013 10Q Financial Results on Tuesday May 21. Click here to view the Q1 2013 Webex Review.
- NEW in Investor Relations: StrikeForce commences litigation regarding our out-of-band authentication patent #7,870,599 (Mar 2013)
- StrikeForce Technologies, Inc. is granted patent titled "Multi-Channel Device Utilizing A Centralized Out-of-Band Authentication System."
The PCI DSS standard introduced in Dec 2004 has been an important step in making merchants more secure. The PCI DSS requirements are summarized below:
|Control Objectives||PCI DSS Requirements|
|Build and Maintain a Secure Network||1. Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data|
|2. Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters|
|Protect Cardholder Data||3. Protect stored cardholder data|
|4. Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks|
|Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program||5. Use and regularly update anti-virus software on all systems commonly affected by malware|
|6. Develop and maintain secure systems and applications|
|Implement Strong Access Control Measures||7. Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know|
|8. Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access|
|9. Restrict physical access to cardholder data|
|Regularly Monitor and Test Networks||10. Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data|
|11. Regularly test security systems and processes|
|Maintain an Information Security Policy||12. Maintain a policy that addresses information security|
Though the above guidelines are a good first step in protecting cardholder data, they fall short in two areas:
- Compliance with Requirement 4 usually entails having SSL encryption between the browser and the web site. However, the main threat these days is via keyloggers which steal the user credentials by tapping into the message stream between the keyboard and the browser. So Requirement 4 must be augmented by extending the encryption to be between the keyboard and the browser. StrikeForce Technologies has a product, GuardedID, that provides this functionality.
- Requirement 8 (Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access) is not sufficient due to threats from phishing and keylogging. So it must be augmented by requiring two factor authentication. StrikeForce Technologies has a product, ProtectID, that provides this functionality.